If the user PC is not able to connect to the server hosting the Jarrison Time clocking system there are a number of aspects that can be checked:
1) Open the jarrison.ini file in C:\JT-Data\Config and confirm the settings are correct
2) Check if the ports (1550 and 1434 TCP and UDP, inbound and outbound) are open on the server and the user PC. If custom ports have been used in the SQL configuration instead of defaults, check those.
3) Check if you are able to ping the PC from the server.
4) Check if the user PC is able to ping the server.
5) Make sure both PC and server are on the same domain.
6) Check if the SQL services have been started on server.
7) If there is an antivirus installed, test the connection by disabling the antivirus.
8) If the disabled antivirus allowed the connection, kindly request your I.T. to add Jarrison Time and SQL to the Exceptions.