Jarrison Time can automatically handle Public Holiday conditions and as part of this each year’s public holiday dates need to be added to Jarrison Time. This is generally done when the time and attendance software is run for the first time, and at the start of each year. South African public holidays are pre-programmed in Jarrison Time to make the setup easy. The clocking system automatically applies “Monday PH if PH falls on Sunday” South African rule.
Custom public holidays can also be manually added and removed in Jarrison Time.
To add Public Holidays:
1) Go to Setup > Public Holidays
2) If no Public Holidays are present in the middle area, select or confirm the year for which you would like to add them.
3) Click on Add Standard to add regular South African holidays. Namibia is also pre-programmed, the location can be changed in the dropdown next to “for”.
5) All public holidays for the chosen year will be added and displayed.
6) A new public holiday can be added by clicking the Add button. For states besides SA and Namibia all public holidays will need to be added this way.
7) A public holiday can be deleted by selecting it and clicking the Delete button. Note this can’t be done if a calculation has been done on the public holiday.