Counters are used in Jarrison Time to keep track of certain events. Counters are useful in Jarrison Time when doing time and attendance calculations and when reporting on specific information. Counters can be easily added in the clocking system with the below steps.
1) Click on Setup > Counters from the menu bar to manage the counters.
2) To Add or Delete a counter use the buttons in the bottom left corner (select an unused counter before clicking Delete).
3) The counter name and short name can be set in the “Name” and “Short name” fields below each. Short name will appear as Daily Summary and report column headers.
4) The counter can be shown in the Annual Overview if the corresponding checkbox is ticked. Colours can be set once this is enabled.
5) The counter can also be used for Event Comments as report field options. In a report configured with Event Fields the counter will then show using its name rather than a numerical number, e.g. Rather than seeing the number 1 in the Absence column , the actual word “Absence” will be in the Event Fields column where all counters with values are shown.
6) Click Save. The counter is now ready for use in the time and attendance software.