This article will describe how to use an employee field to determine which employees are populating the employee list. In Jarrison Time this is known as filtering. A filter is created by selecting one or more field criteria, and then applied by loading the filter.
To create a new filter follow the below steps. In this example “Department” will be used as the filtering field.
1. Click on View from the menu bar, then Filters , or click the filter icon on the toolbar.
2. From the filter listing screen that appears, click Create to open the Create Filter window.
3. In the Field column, select Department. All existing Department options will appear in the middle block.
4. Then from the middle block select the Department(s) whose employees should be included in the filter. A tick will appear in the box and the employees matching the selection will be listed in the Employees column on the right. It is possible have multiple fields in a filter, however this example is only using Department. If other fields were needed they could be ticked now and their options selected.
5. To save the filter for future use, type a name for the new filter in the Name field at the bottom of the window, then click Save. Otherwise, you can click Use, to apply the filter once-off without saving.
6. Before saving, you can choose if the filter should be Private or Public. Private filters will only be available to the current user; public filters will be available to all users.
7. If the filter was saved it will appear in the list of filters, ready for use by selecting and clicking Load. If Use was selected without saving, the filter will already be loaded. If a filter is loaded, filter information will be shown in the status bar.