Job Groups are used in Jarrison Time to collect various jobs together in a way they can be later used as a group.
The purpose of assigning created jobs to job groups varies from company to company, but is generally used to group them according to certain employees, departments, cost centres, or even projects.
The groups can then be sent on devices, thus providing the correct job options available when clocking. Groups can also be used to limit the jobs that users in Jarrison Time can work with.
This article will guide a user on how to assign these jobs and further than that, to allocate this to the relevant device an employee will clock on.
1) Locate and click Job Groups under the Job Costing option on the menu bar.
2) If you want to use a new group click on Add. A group will require an appropriate name, which can be entered in the Name field.
3) Whether working with an existing group or a newly-created one, the next step will be to select the jobs which should be part of the group. If all existing jobs need to be selected, you can click the Select All button. If all jobs are selected the button will change to Unselect All.
4) Click Save when done.
Assigning to Devices
Job groups can be assigned to any JT Clock Team device, or to biometric readers, provided the model is compatible with work codes.
1) Navigate to Access > Devices.
2) Select a device to send a group to, and click on the Work Code tab.
3) Use the dropdown list under Job Group to select the job group to send.
4) Click Save. An entry will be added to the queue to be processed by the JT Engine, after which the jobs contained in the job group will be available for use on the device.
Assigning to User Profiles
1) Navigate to User > Profiles.
2) Select a user, and click on the Permissions tab.
3) Change the dropdown list under Job Group to select the job group to assign.
4) After their next login, the user will be limited to working with the jobs contained in the assigned group.