Jarrison Time allows for a number of additional date-driven fields to be set for employees, and values of these fields may be used for calculation purposes if needed. Below are steps for setting up and using an Additional Employee Field, using the example of an hourly rate which may change over time.
1) From the Jarrison Time home screen, navigate to Setup > Custom Fields > Labels
2) Enable an Additional Employee Fields checkbox as required. You can add any description for the category being created.
3) Next, the selection values for the category can be created by navigating to Setup > Employee Fields and then the name of the new field.
4) Options for the field can then be added as needed.
5) The appropriate rates may then be assigned to employees. From Employee Details it will usually be on the Personal2 tab that presents itself once a custom employee field has been created, or depending on the existing amount of custom employee fields, it might be found in the Personal3 tab, which will be available next to the Personal2 tab.
If multiple employees are on the same rate they can be grouped via filters, and the rate can be assigned in bulk via Multiple Actions > Employee Fields > (name of field)
6) Next, the rate formula must be applied on the required Day Program(s). Navigate to Setup > Day Programs and select a Day Program on which a rate calculation formula should be added.
Note: Additional employee fields will be prefixed with EF to differentiate them standard fields.
7) After recalculating results will display accordingly. In this example, the Wage Time Category is set to calculate in decimal, instead of time format (Please refer to How To Configure A Time Category To Calculate As Decimal Instead Of Time for more information on this).
8) Should there be any rate changes later, the category can be modified from Employee Details (or via Multiple Action) accordingly.
9) After recalculating accordingly, the rate change will apply from the effective date, and any results prior will display the calculations of the previous rate. Below in the Daily Summary we can observe the change that occurred based on the above rate change.