There might be occasions where it’s desired to temporarily deactivate employees at random, for various reasons such as security searches, or health and safety checks.
Jarrison Time includes a dedicated feature for this purpose, provided Jarrison Time is directly controlling biometric devices. Below are the steps to be followed for the setup of the Random Selection feature.
1) From the Jarrison Time home screen, navigate to Setup > System Configuration > General-1 tab. Under the General Options section, select the checkbox next to Use Random Selection and click Save.
Once this is enabled a new Planned Event type called Random Selection will become available. Planned Events are used to facilitate the random deactivations.
2) Navigate to Setup > Planned Events, and add a new event by clicking the Add button on the lower left. Then in the dropdown next to Event Type, select Random Selection.
The Start Time setting will determine when the deactivation should occur.
The Max Selection setting will determine how many employees should be disabled.
The Activate after selected minutes setting will determine the duration for which the random selections remain deactivated, before being automatically activated again. If this value is left on 0 there will not be any automatic re-activation.
3) At the bottom-centre of the Planned Events view, there will be a Select Devices button available to choose the device(s) on which the deactivations should occur.
4) Click Save and the event will be ready for use. Please remember the JT Engine must be running and the selected device(s) online in order for successful communication of activations/deactivations.
Confirming Random Selection status of employees
1) Navigate to View > Random Selection. This opens a screen which allows for employees to be search for, and activated if need be.
2) Type in a name to search for in the available field in the upper left of the screen, then click Check Status. The Status field close to bottom-right will advise if the employee is currently deactivated for Random Selection.
3) To activate the person again, click the Activate button on the lower-left. The Status will update to Active (as seen below) and the employee will be reactivated on the device(s).