Workflow is a hierarchical notifications function in Jarrison Time, based on Supervisor designation. Workflow notifications can be set to apply for Overtime Pre-Authorizations, Overtime Authorizations, Manual Clockings, or Adjustments. Email SMTP will need to be configured in order to receive Workflow notifications.
1) Navigate to Setup > System Configuration > Workflow, in order to enable features that are available within the Workflow function.
2) To include an aspect into Workflow, tick its Use…Workflow option and assign the number of levels of approval required. The first level is the task initiator, not an actual approval level. In the image above all aspects are included and any authorized or pre-authorized overtime will require three approvals while adding or removing clockings or adjustments will require one approval.
3) The Escalation Schedule determines when Workflow notifications will be sent. The above configuration will allow for notifications to be sent from Monday to Thursday, between 06:00 and 18:00, Friday 06:00 to 14:00. A holiday calendar may also be set to align Public Holidays if notifications are required on public holidays as well.
4) Users who should be included in Workflow can be added in two ways: if they are employees then they should be marked Is a Supervisor in Employee Details.
If the user is not an employee in Jarrison Time then from User, Details tab, a selection should be made in the Reports To dropdown menu.
Once all supervisors have been activated and assigned to their superior, where applicable, navigate to Setup > System Configuration > General1 and tick the Link Supervisor to User checkbox. You can also tick the setting to ‘Use Dynamic User Filters’. Once you have the relevant checkbox selected, click on the ‘Link Now’ button. The system will generate users that can be located in the ‘User Profiles’ window, based on the supervisor assignments that were made previously.
When using the Link Supervisor option user names will be generated according to the employee numbers as populated within the system. Therefore, the users will have to login with their employee numbers as their user names once Workflow is enabled and initiated. This will become evident once you navigate to the User Profiles after the Link Now button has been selected.
When setting user filters, dynamic user filters can be applied that will apply a filter to each supervisor, which will allow for them to view the employees that are linked beneath each subordinate user of the supervisor. So, if supervisor A has supervisors B and C linked underneath their user profile, then supervisor A will have the ability to view and/or modify the employees of supervisors B and C from the moment they log into Jarrison with their profile.
5) Once users have been created and linked the next step will be to link appropriately configured user groups, which will dictate the access allowed for each user. Navigate to User > User Groups and either create a new group, or copy from the existing groups and modify the access accordingly. Click on the View tab and select the applicable checkboxes (as per the image below). Lastly, the relevant user group must be assigned to the users in order for them to have access to the tasks.
The ‘Workflow Adminstrator’ setting will allow the user to view all tasks that have been initiated and require approval.
The ‘Reassign Workflow Tasks’ setting will allow the users to reassign tasks to other users within the Workflow hierarchical structure.
Note there is an escalation override setting in User Profiles that can be applied on each user account; this Escalate Workflow After setting overrides the general system setting and will notify the user and their supervisor if the user has not completed their tasks within the time set.
Please refer to the User manual for more on working with Workflow.