This article looks at the setup required to export clockings from a Jarrison Time database, with the intention of easily importing the same clockings into another Jarrison Time database. Note that this export will provide first and last clockings of each day, not all clockings. If all clockings are required a report should be used, but the report will need to be manually formatted in order to import successfully.
1) Open the File Creator in Jarrison Time by going to Setup > File Creator, or clicking the toolbar icon.
2) Add a new entry, name it appropriately and set a location to save the export file. Export Type should be Daily.
3) On the General tab enable the option for Multiple Records per Employee, and enable a header record.
4) The Details tab should be set as seen below. Add Employee Number, Date, and First In fields, configured as below. Each should be separated by a comma (constant). Append a constant “:00” as there is no hh:mm:ss format.
3) Then click Copy under the Rows section, and select the copied row (2).
4) Change the First In field to Last Out.
The export is now ready for use. Below is a sample of an output file, run for a single employee on one day.
This file is ready to be imported by changing the import location in the other database. From Setup > System Configuration > Import tab, change the Location to IMPORT FILE and then Browse for the export file location.
A clocking import can now be performed to bring in the exported clockings. Afterwards remember to change the import location back to what it was.