The Period Accumulator is a function in Jarrison Time’s Day Programs, which allows the software to accumulate (sum up) the time from a selected Time Category, such as Normal Time, Overtime, et al., before a period has completed. This summed value can be used in conjunction with other calculations if required, or for certain results to be readily available on any given day. Below are the steps to setup and use the Period Accumulator.
Note: A Time Category to accumulate into will be required. If a suitable Time Category doesn’t exist, in JT navigate to Setup > Time Category and add one, then continue below.
1) Navigate to Setup > Day Programs and select a Day Program to accumulate from.
2) From the Profile tab of the day program, enable the Period Accumulator checkbox on the right side of the tab.
3) In the dropdown next to it, select the Time Category to accumulate.
4) Navigate to the Rules tab of the Day Program, and click the Add Formula button.
Select the Time Category to accumulate into on the left side of the equals sign, in this example it’s named ‘Time Accumulated’.
From the dropdown list on the right side of the equals sign select Period Accumulated.
Select the next dropdown to ‘Not Used’.
5) Click Save. The accumulated Time Category is now ready for use. Remember to Recalculate!
Above the category has been added to the Daily Summary View, where the value increasing through the period can be observed.
Below is how the category would appear in the Daily Details (for Mar 3).
It’s important to keep in mind that the accumulated value will exclude the results of the current day, as seen above. Additional formulas may be needed in order for the results to display as expected e.g. adding NT to the formula used in this example.