Below are the steps to follow in order to create time zones for devices and send them accordingly, as a means to restrict access for employees so that they have limited access into a premises at specified times.
1) Login to Jarrison Time and navigate to the Access menu located on the menu bar at the top of the main screen. Select Devices from the menu.
2) Click on Add to insert additional time zones [or select an existing time zone on the left pane] and remove the crosses on each day to create restricted time intervals.
Note: The crosses represent the intervals, incremented in 15 minutes, that an employee is allowed access throughout a given day. Holding the right mouse button will allow you to clear crosses in the field as you move across them. The same applies to the addition of crosses for allowed access by holding the left mouse button and dragging over the field of a given day. ZK devices allow access from the first cross to the last of the day as shown in the Summary times below.
3) Once all time zones have been added, close the Time Zones window and navigate to Access > Access Groups. Select/add the required access group where the time zones need to be allocated. A list of devices will reflect in the pane on the right under the Access Allowed To text. Click on the tick box and then click on the Apply Time Zone drodown near the top in order to select and allocate a time zone to a specific device. The time zones will need to be allocated to each device individually. Once done, click on Save at the bottom of the window.
4) Navigate to the Access tab in the Employee Details window and select the Access Group tab next to Enrollment. Assign the applicable access group and save the changes.
5) After all employees have been assigned to the access group, navigate to Access in the menu bar and select Devices. Select the device on the left pane that has been linked to the access group, click on the thunderbolt icon and click on Send Time Zones. This step will need to be repeated for each device that has been assigned to a new access group with a new time zone.
Should any employee’s Time Zone require change, then the user of the system will have to change the Access Group of the employee to the access group that contains the devices and time zones, which is applicable to the employee. The new time zones will need to be sent to all the devices within the Access Group for the changes to take effect. If there is no Access Group/Time Zone configured to accommodate the change, then the steps above will need to be followed in order to create the correct access group and/or time zone.
Up to 50 time zones can be configured and sent to a single device, and an employee can be assigned up to three Time Zones simultaneously. This can be achieved by setting up the Time Zones as needed, and then adding them to distinct Access Groups.
For example, if the permitted Time Zones are: Morning, Evening, Afternoon they could be set as such:
They would then be applied to Access Groups as follows:
An employee who required morning, afternoon, and evening access to the “Reception Door” device would be set as such: