1) To connect a device to the Jarrison Time clocking system, start by making sure the device is connected to the same network and domain as the machine running the Device Engine and Jarrison Time. Note to first connect a device in Jarrison Time the machine will need to be correctly licensed to add a new device.
3) Please also make sure the device has a fixed IP address.
You will then need to install the correct Jarrison Time interface depending on the device manufacturer.
3) Once the Interface has been installed go to the Jarrison Systems folder in the root folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Jarrison Systems\Jarrison Time) and you should find Registration batch files (.bat) run these files as administrator. You can now open Jarrison Time.
4) Once in Jarrison Time go to Access and then Devices, this will open up the Devices screen and you will see at the bottom left you will be able to Add a device.
5) Once the extra device slot has been added you can select the Device Type. If the button “Download device interface” does not disappear please install the correct device interface. If the button states “Device Interface installed”. Proceed to enter the IP address for the device.
6) Once the IP has been entered Ping the device using the “Ping” button.
If the ping is successful Jarrison Time will ask if you would like to get the device type and other information from the device. Click “Yes”.
Information regarding the device model will be collected and populated on the Devices screen.
7) Other configuration settings may now be applied as required and saved.
8) The device can be added to Access Groups as needed, and if Clocking Groups are enabled the device should be added for time and attendance.