In Jarrison Time, Time Categories are used to store values for time. Time Categories can be set to display as decimal, however for calculation purposes it may be required to work with an actual decimal value. Time Categories can be set to always calculate and display as decimal format. Below is the step required, and a brief example of how a decimal Time Category could be used.
1) To change a Time Category to a decimal storage holder, navigate to Setup > Day Programs, and select or add a suitable Time Category.
2) Tick the Is Decimal checkbox underneath, and Save. The Time Category is now ready to be used as decimal.
3) The remaining steps detail the use of a decimal Time Category, used to calculate daily NT pay. First navigate to Setup > Custom Fields, and add a field for Rate.
4) Then locate an individual to test on, open their Employee Details, Personal1 tab.
5) Enter an hourly pay rate in the new custom field. (Note: this step could be performed in bulk via Multiple Action, or CSV file import)
6) Then navigate to Setup > Day Programs and select a Day Program to apply the calculation on.
7) Apply a formula to calculate rate by multiplying earned NT by the custom Rate field, storing the result in the new decimal Time Category. Then Save. (Note this formula would need to be applied accordingly on every Day Program that should contribute a result)
8) Results can now be tested and checked from Daily Details.
The person earned 8 hours NT, at a rate of 84.20 an hour, resulting in 673.60 NT Pay.
Note that all JT users in a system should be set to the same decimal symbol in Windows Regional settings to avoid potential confusion.