If a system has Device ID applied there may be a need to change an individual’s device ID from the system-generated one to something specific. To do this follow the below steps but first note:
It is imperative to ensure that all devices are online and communicating normally prior to any changes being made to a Device ID value. If any devices are offline throughout or after the process of the change, the employee’s identifier won’t be updated on those devices, causing complications with the import of the clockings.
The Device ID field will only be available for change if the administrator of the system has allowed it for users. If access was revoked, please contact your supplier for further assistance.
1) Login to Jarrison Time as a user with the required privilege (e.g. Administrator).
2) Make sure clockings are imported.
3) Navigate to the Access tab within the Employee Details window and deselect the Active checkbox. Save the changes.
4) Then navigate to the Details tab, highlight the existing Device ID and change it to the desired value. Save the changes.
5) Navigate to the Access tab and select the Active checkbox. The employee will be sent to biometric devices with the new Device ID value.