Jarrison Time can interface with devices that are compatible with sirens connected directly to them. The siren behaviour and schedule can be configured in Jarrison Time and then be sent to the relevant devices.
This article will cover the activation of the Siren Time feature in Jarrison Time, and setting up a schedule for the siren. Please note the article assumes correct hardware installation and connection.
Activating Siren Use
1) Navigate to Setup > System Configuration > Hardware tab
2) Tick the Use Siren Times checkbox under General.
3) Click Save and Close the window.
Setting Siren Schedules
1) Navigate to Access > Siren Times
2) In the window that opens, a list of the existing siren schedules with their configurations are displayed. When first configuring Siren Times the Default schedule will exist, but won’t be configured with any times.
To add a new schedule, click on the Add button below the schedule list on the far left and enter an appropriate name at the top.
Click the Add button towards the middle of the screen to begin adding schedules.
In the below example, some times have been configured for the Default schedule. One row for Monday to Thursday at 12:00, to trigger for 5 seconds. Another row for Friday at 10:00, to trigger for 5 seconds.
Below a new schedule has been added with further times.
After clicking Save a notification message will appear to advise that the schedule changes will only take effect at midnight. To force it into immediate effect the JT Engine needs to be restarted.
Applying Siren Times to Devices
Siren schedules need to be applied to each device individually. To apply the new schedule use the following steps:
1) Navigate to Access > Devices
2) From the list on the left side, select a device to apply the schedule to. Then tick the Activate Siren Schedule checkbox.
3) From the dropdown list select a schedule to apply.
4) Click Save.
The device will now be able to trigger the siren according to the linked schedule. Note that the JT Engine must be running and the device online.